1. Using Audacity seemed easy at first, but the more effects I tried to use the more I became confused. I realized it is very hard to edit songs and commercials. This project made me understand (on a basic level) what it takes to create commercials and radio segments. After viewing multiple tutorials on youtube, I began to understand how to make the sound more clear and how to cut and move certain parts of the speech. I also learned how to use layers of different sounds of all different lengths to add more substance to the segment. I hope to understand Audacity more in the future.
2. I love using wordpress.com! It started as a great outlet to figure out my passions and if I ever wanted to start a blog, I would want it to be a fashion related blog. It is very important in any industry in today’s world to understand and know how to work social media. I had no idea wordpress.com ever existed before this Media and Technology class. Final cut pro, audacity, soundbible.com, and vimeo never came up in any of my other classes. I’m very glad I took this class to know the basics of a few new resources that I could use in marketing one day.
3.When I started using Final Cut Pro, I found it to be very familiar. I wasn’t sure what it was like but it is very easy to get used to. I like how there are a lot of different little techniques to get it to flow more. An example of this would be how the pictures and the music could align. Final Cut Pro is a hard project to keep up with though. I cannot find it at the tec center so I mainly had to work on it during class time. Hopefully I will figure this out soon because my project needs a lot of editing!
4. I find that I am having a difficult time figuring out how to upload my video I made for my website. I saved it on my computer as a ‘imovie’ but it wont upload anywhere! This is very frustrating! Vimeo seems like a great website and is very easy to use, but it does not seem to like my video I created. I’ll have to ask my professor what I am doing wrong. I also need to come up with a story line for my final project. There are so many interesting pictures but I don’t know what my story line is going to be yet. After viewing the projects in class from the last semester, I think the most fun one would be the “love triangle”.
5. After putting together the “love triangle” video, I felt very accomplished! It was not too difficult to finish on final cut pro but it was difficult to upload to vimeo. For some reason, I had to put it on a flash drive and upload my video to a different computer and it magically happened! My friend did all my voices for my video and it was so funny. For some reason I can’t record my voice on audacity. I think my voice sounds weird on it and I become to critical.
6. Photoshop was my favorite tool to play around with. I wish we had longer to work with it because I think its very essential to know how to use photoshop in the real world. Most jobs actually have knowledge photoshop requirement.